I really enjoy participating in the different challenges there are around the internet. They are so fun to see the different interpretations that everyone comes up with and they can really get you out of a creative slump.
Today, I combined two different challenges, Create with Connie and Mary and CAS(E) this Sketch.
Create with Connie and Mary #450 inspired us with a color combination.
And here is the sketch inspiration from CAS(E) this Sketch
When I mashed these two up, I came up with this.
Details for the card:
- Stamp Set: So In Love (2017 Occasions)
- Cardstock: So Saffron (8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4, scraps), Mint Macaron (5-3/8 x 4-1/8, scraps), 2-Whisper White (5-1/4 x 4)
- Stamp the background using various stamps from stamp set in Mint Macaron and So Saffron.
- Emboss large flower on Stitch framelit square with gold embossing powder and sponge background with Sweet Sugarplum. Dip the edges of frame into VersaMark ink and emboss gold emobssing powder around the edges.
- Cut Stitch frame from Mint Macaron and sponge edges with same color ink
- Heat emboss sentiment with gold embossing powder on So Saffron
- Add the embellishments (Falling in Love flower, Lace Doily, and Sweet Sugarplum enamel shapes) for additional flair
If you haven’t tried a challenge, I highly recommend them. It is so much fun to ‘challenge’ yourself to come up with a unique design.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed my take on another challenge (or two).
If you want to order any of the supplies I used in today’s card, just click on any of the pictures below. Be sure to hurry, though. Some items are only available until the end of the week when Sale-A-Bration comes to an end for another year.
See you next time!